Beneath-fire Mikel Arteta faces off in opposition to mentor Pep Guardiola tonight as Arsenal host Manchester City within the Carabao Cup quarter-finals.
The Gunners have suffered a torrid season to this point and the stress is mounting on boss Arteta.
Regardless of that, they’ve been good within the cup to this point, beating Leicester and Liverpool within the final two rounds.
They want a morale-boosting efficiency tonight however that received’t be straightforward in opposition to defending champions City.
The Etihad giants noticed off Burnley within the final spherical and are unbeaten of their final eight video games.
Arsenal v Man City: The best way to pay attention
This match will get underneath method at 8pm on Tuesday, December 22.
Full protection from the Emirates might be reside on talkSPORT, with our protection beginning at 7pm.
Commentary will come from Jim Proudfoot and Andy Townsend and to tune in, click on the radio participant beneath or HERE for the reside stream.
Listed below are the opposite methods to pay attention…
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is out there throughout the United Kingdom by way of DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Hearken to talkSPORT via your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Arsenal v Man City: Staff information
Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will miss the cup tie as a result of a calf pressure.
Gabriel and Granit Xhaka are suspended whereas Thomas Partey stays out with a thigh downside.
Gabriel Martinelli returned to motion as a sub over the weekend and can seemingly begin.
In the meantime, Man City will assess Gabriel Jesus after he missed the win at Southampton as a result of a jaw harm.
Sergio Aguero is again however is missing match health and it stays to be seen whether or not he’ll be risked.
Aymeric Laporte can be a doubt whereas Eric Garcia is a long-term absentee.
Arsenal v Man City: What has been mentioned?
Mikel Arteta hopes a cup win can elevate the temper round Arsenal tonight however insists doing effectively in just one competitors is just not ok for the membership.
He mentioned: “This [a morale boost] is what we wish to use the cup for, as effectively it’s a contest we wish to attempt to win.
“Now we have two troublesome opponents earlier than in Leicester and Liverpool, we managed to beat them each and now we’re taking part in at dwelling and we’re one step nearer to Wembley.
“So it’s a very nice sport to play, as that is the kind of sport we’re in search of via the season.
“It’s not sufficient [to just win the cup], isolating only one competitors. Now we have to play each competitors to attempt to win it.
“Final season, we managed to win two of these and we’ve got a very nice alternative as a result of we’ve executed rather well within the competitors this 12 months and this sport is one other step ahead to be nearer to profitable one other trophy and that is what we’re going to attempt to do.
“However this doesn’t imply that it’s going to replicate on the remaining or it’s going to look higher as a result of in the intervening time – no matter occurs in every other competitors – within the Premier League we’re nowhere close to the place we must be.”
Arsenal v Man City: Match stats and info
- Arsenal and Manchester City final met within the League Cup within the 2018 last, with City profitable 3-0. The Gunners have misplaced their final three League Cup matches in opposition to City, additionally shedding within the quarter-finals in each 2009/10 and 2011/12.
- Manchester City have received their final three away matches in opposition to Arsenal, all within the Premier League. City are the one crew to win three consecutive away video games in opposition to the Gunners on the Emirates, whereas the final crew to win 4 consecutive away matches in opposition to Arsenal had been Chelsea between 1960 and 1965 (six in a row).
- Arsenal have been eradicated from six of their final eight League Cup quarter-finals, reaching the semi-final in 2010/11 and 2017/18 on this run. That is the Gunners’ 29th look at this stage, greater than every other membership.
- Manchester City have progressed from/received the ultimate in every of their final 17 League Cup ties and haven’t misplaced a League Cup match in London since December 2003 (1-Three vs Spurs), profitable six and drawing two since, profitable on penalties within the two attracts.
- Since 2006/07, solely Chelsea at Stamford Bridge (20) have received extra League Cup matches at one venue than Arsenal on the Emirates Stadium (19), with the Gunners profitable seven of their final eight matches there (L1).
- Man City’s Raheem Sterling has been straight concerned in 17 targets in 25 appearances within the League Cup (10 targets, 7 assists) and has discovered the web in every of his final two matches on the Emirates Stadium in opposition to Arsenal, each Premier League encounters.