Premier League leaders Manchester City will likely be on the lookout for their 18th consecutive win once they tackle Arsenal this weekend.
Pep Guardiola’s City have been very good in latest weeks and beat Everton in midweek.
They’re ten factors clear on the high of the desk and will likely be seeking to tighten their grip of the title race by seeing off Arsenal.
Mikel Arteta’s Gunners beat Leeds final weekend however proceed to be inconsistent with their performances.
City beat Arsenal 1-Zero within the reverse fixture in October with Raheem Sterling scoring the winner.
Arsenal v Man City: The best way to watch
This match will likely be held on the Emirates on Sunday, February 21 and can kick-off at 4:30pm.
This sport is being broadcast on Sky Sports activities Predominant Occasion and Sky Sports activities Premier League from 4pm and can comply with their protection of Aston Villa vs Leicester.
Sky Sports activities clients can stay stream this by way of the app utilizing their cell, pill or pc gadgets.
If not, you should buy a Sky Sports activities Day Go from NowTV for £9.99.
Arsenal v Man City: Crew information
Arsenal don’t have any new damage considerations to take care of forward of the go to of City.
Kieran Tierney is ready to return after a month-long damage however Thomas Partey stays a health doubt.
Manchester City star Ilkay Gundogan might return following a groin concern.
Nathan Ake is their solely absentee.
Sergio Aguero might return to the beginning line-up.
Arsenal v Man City: What has been mentioned?
Pep Guardiola believes his former assistant Mikel Arteta is popping Arsenal into Premier League title contenders.
He mentioned: “Within the final two months each sport Arsenal performs they’re higher than the opponent.
“Typically you lose video games, you can not management it. However they’ve been higher than the opponent, when it comes to controlling the sport and creating extra possibilities and conceding fewer.
“We’d like an unbelievable efficiency to play with the ball and run lots in the correct tempo to get the ball as a result of they’ve an distinctive build-up within the closing third.
“They’ve high quality and unbelievable power in (Emile) Smith Rowe, (Bukayo) Saka, (Pierre-Emerick) Aubameyang with the runs in behind, and so they have the gamers with the standard within the center to make the method fairly nicely.
“Early sooner or later they are going to be an actual contender to combat for the title.”
Arsenal v Man City: Match stats and info
- Arsenal have misplaced their final seven league video games towards Man City – the Gunners have solely ever misplaced extra consecutively towards Leeds (eight between 1973-1976).
- Since shedding 1-2 on the Emirates in December 2015, Man City are unbeaten of their final 10 Premier League conferences with Arsenal, scoring a minimum of twice in 9 of these video games.
- Arsenal have failed to attain of their final three residence league video games towards Man City, shedding every time. The Gunners have by no means failed to search out the online in 4 consecutive residence league video games towards an opponent of their historical past.
- Manchester City beat Arsenal 4-1 on the Emirates earlier this season in a League Cup tie – solely two groups have ever received away on the Gunners twice in the identical season; Nottingham Forest in 1987-88 and Aston Villa in 1993-94.
- Arsenal have received simply three of their final 18 Premier League video games towards the aspect beginning the day of the sport in high spot (W3 D4 L11), profitable final trip towards Liverpool in July 2020 (2-1). They final received consecutive such video games in August 2007, when the second win in that run got here at residence to Man City (1-0).
- Arsenal are unbeaten of their final six residence Premier League video games (W3 D3), after shedding every of the earlier 4 such matches – the Gunners have scored 3+ objectives in every victory on this run, whereas they’ve stored a clear sheet in three of the final 4.
- Manchester City have scored 3+ objectives in every of their final three Premier League video games towards London sides (Three v Chelsea, Four v Crystal Palace, Three v Tottenham) – within the competitors’s historical past solely Liverpool in 2001 and Sheffield Wednesday in 1994 have scored 3+ objectives in 4 consecutive video games towards groups from the capital.
- This will likely be Pep Guardiola’s 50th Premier League sport performed on a Sunday with Manchester City (W32 D8 L9), with the Spaniard profitable 65% of these matches; the most effective win charge by a supervisor on today of the week within the competitors’s historical past (min. 10 video games).
- Man City’s Raheem Sterling has been concerned in six objectives in his final 5 Premier League video games towards Arsenal (Four objectives, 2 assists), discovering the online in every of his final three towards the Gunners.
- Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored 5 objectives in his final two Premier League begins, netting twice towards Newcastle, adopted by a hat-trick towards Leeds. The final Gunners participant to attain 2+ objectives in three consecutive league begins was Derek Tapscott in March 1956, who scored braces towards Portsmouth, Everton and Preston.