Huge spenders Chelsea start their Premier League marketing campaign with a visit to Brighton this night.
Frank Lampard’s Blues have spent greater than £200million this summer season and massive issues are anticipated from them this season.
They tackle a Brighton facet tonight who completed 15th final season and might be trying to construct on that this time period.
The 2020/21 Premier League marketing campaign bought off to an thrilling begin over the weekend and this match guarantees to be one other entertaining conflict.
Zola was so good in coaching West Ham star went to workplace and instructed him to cease
Vardy is an even bigger Premier League legend than Chelsea icon Drogba, talkSPORT instructed
Brighton v Chelsea: Date and kick-off time
This match might be held on the AMEX on Monday, September 14 and can kick-off at 8:15pm.
These two drew 1-1 on the south coast final season with Alireza Jahanbakhsh cancelling out Cesar Azpilicueta’s opener.
Brighton v Chelsea: TV channel and stay stream
The sport is being broadcast on Sky Sports activities Foremost Occasion and Sky Sports activities Premier League from 8pm.
It follows their protection of Sheffield United v Wolves which kicks off at 6pm.
Sky Sports activities prospects can stay stream this through the app utilizing their cellular, pill or laptop gadgets.
If not, you should buy a Sky Sports activities Day Go from NowTV for £8.99.
Brighton v Chelsea: Confirmed staff information
Brighton: Ryan, Lamptey, White, Dunk, Webster, March, Lallana, Alzate, Bissouma, Trossard, Maupay.
Subs: Steele, Stephens, Connolly, Gross, Jahanbakhsh, Burn, Veltman.
Chelsea: Kepa, James, Zouma, Christensen, Alonso, Kante, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Mount, Werner, Havertz.
Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Barkley, Abraham, Giroud, Hudson-Odoi, Azpilicueta.
Brighton v Chelsea: Match stats and info
- Brighton have didn’t win any of their six Premier League encounters with Chelsea, shedding 5 instances and scoring simply two objectives within the course of (D1).
- Chelsea have by no means misplaced in opposition to Brighton in league competitors, successful 9 and drawing one. The Blues have confronted Brighton extra instances with out ever shedding than they’ve in opposition to every other facet of their league historical past.
- Chelsea have misplaced two of their final three season openers within the Premier League (W1), this after going 18 consecutive campaigns with out defeat on the opening matchday between 1999-00 and 2016-17.
- That is the third time Chelsea are beginning a Premier League marketing campaign on a Monday, with the Blues occurring to win the title on the earlier two events (2014-15 and 2016-17).
- Brighton have gained simply three of their 18 Premier League matches in 2020 (D9 L6), the fewest of any present facet.
- Chelsea shipped 54 Premier League objectives final season, their most in a season since 1996-97 (55) and their tally of simply 9 clear sheets was their joint-lowest ever in a Premier League marketing campaign, together with 1996-97 and 2015-16.
- In Premier League historical past, Chelsea have earned 1997 factors (W578 D263 L235) – their subsequent victory will see them develop into the third staff to earn 2000 factors within the competitors, after Manchester United (2234) and Arsenal (2011).
- Brighton haven’t misplaced a league sport on a Monday since April 2015 (0-1 v Rotherham), successful 4 and drawing six since. All 5 of the Seagulls’ Premier League video games performed on Mondays have ended stage.
- New Chelsea signing Timo Werner scored 28 league objectives for RB Leipzig within the Bundesliga final season, the fourth-most in Europe’s prime 5 leagues behind solely Ciro Motionless (36), Robert Lewandowski (34) and Cristiano Ronaldo (31).
- Brighton’s new signing Adam Lallana might be searching for his first Premier League begin since December 2019. Chelsea are the facet the midfielder has confronted essentially the most within the Premier League with out registering a single objective or help (9 appearances).