The Champions League returns for the final 16 later this month and soccer followers all over the world will hope Europe’s finest proceed to fireplace within the targets.
There are some thrilling ties developing together with Barcelona vs Paris Saint-Germain and Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea.
Among the Champions League’s all time greats are nonetheless on this season’s match and will likely be seeking to lead their groups into the following spherical.
Robert Lewandowski helped Bayern Munich clinch European glory final season and will likely be out so as to add to his UCL targets file after they tackle Lazio within the final 16.
Lionel Messi, who now has 118 Champions League targets in his exceptional profession, will face outdated team-mate Neymar as under-fire Barca face PSG.
And Messi’s nice rival Cristiano Ronaldo, who tops the all-time scoring charts, will likely be heading again to his homeland as Juventus face Porto.
Forward of these large ties, talkSPORT.com provides you the run down of the place the present stars sit among the many high ten Champions League scorers.
10. Filippo Inzaghi (Juventus, AC Milan) – 46 targets
9. Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich) – 47
8= Andriy Shevchenko (Dynamo Kyiv, AC Milan, Chelsea) – 48
8= Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona, AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United) – 48
7. Thierry Henry (Monaco, Arsenal, Barcelona) – 50
6. Ruud van Nistelrooy (PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, Actual Madrid) – 56
5. Karim Benzema (Lyon, Actual Madrid) – 69
3= Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich) – 71
3= Raul (Actual Madrid, Schalke) – 71
2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – 118
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United, Actual Madrid, Juventus) – 134