Manchester United will host certainly one of their bogey groups within the Premier League as Wolves go to Previous Trafford on Tuesday night time.
Wolves haven’t been their traditional selves thus far this season, with accidents hitting Nuno Espirito Santos’ group laborious as they at present sit 11th within the desk.
However they might earn a pleasant enhance to finish the yr with a victory over United, who they’re unbeaten in opposition to since their high flight return in 2018 and have misplaced in opposition to simply as soon as of their final six conferences in all competitions.
It’s been an odd 2020 for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s aspect, too. The Crimson Devils at present sit fourth within the desk and simply 5 factors adrift of leaders Liverpool, however huge questions nonetheless grasp over the boss and his group which has been dogged by inconsistent outcomes.
United adopted up a giant 6-2 win over Leeds earlier than Christmas with a 2-2 draw with Leicester on Boxing Day, and can host Wolves understanding they haven’t been at their greatest at residence this season.
United’s strengths have come on the street thus far this time period. They high the away desk within the Premier League, with six wins and a draw from seven video games, whereas they’re down in 15th with their type at Previous Trafford, the place they’ve simply two league wins all marketing campaign.
However the reverse it true for Wolves, who’ve misplaced their final two away matches within the league.
It units up an intriguing encounter on Tuesday night time, the place each aspect will wish to finish the yr on a excessive of their closing outing of 2020.
Manchester United vs Wolves: How you can hear
This sport will get underneath approach at 8pm on Tuesday, December 29.
Full protection from Previous Trafford might be EXCLUSIVELY stay on talkSPORT, with our protection beginning at 7pm and commentary from Sam Matterface and Trevor Sinclair.
To tune in, click on the radio participant beneath or HERE for the stay stream.
Different methods to hear:
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is on the market throughout the United Kingdom by way of DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Hearken to talkSPORT by way of your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Manchester United vs Wolves: Staff information
Manchester United: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Bailly, Maguire, Telles, Pogba, Matic, Fernandes, Greenwood, Rashford, Cavani
Subs: Mata, Martial, Fred, James, Shaw, Henderson, van de Beek, Tuanzebe, McTominay
Wolves: Rui Patrício, Kilman, Coady, Saïss, Hoever, Neves, Vitinha, João Moutinho, Aït-Nouri, Traoré, Neto
Subs: Podence, Fábio Silva, Ruddy, Nélson Semedo, Cundle, Richards, Otasowie, Corbeanu, Marques
Manchester United vs Wolves: Match stats and info
- Since returning to the Premier League in 2018, Wolves are unbeaten in all 4 of their league conferences with Manchester United (W1 D3), regardless of conceding the primary aim in three of those matches.
- Manchester United haven’t misplaced any of their final 9 residence league video games in opposition to Wolves (W6 D3), holding six clear sheets in that run since a 0-1 loss in February 1980.
- Manchester United haven’t misplaced their closing league sport in any of the final eight calendar years (W5 D3), since a 2-Three residence loss in opposition to Blackburn in 2011.
- After a six sport winless residence run within the league, Man Utd have gained two of their final three at Previous Trafford (D1). The Crimson Devils scored as many objectives of their 6-2 victory over Leeds as they’d of their earlier eight residence league video games mixed.
- Manchester United have conceded at the least twice in every of their final three Premier League video games, solely delivery 2+ objectives in additional consecutively within the competitors again in August 2001 (4). Nonetheless, the Crimson Devils have averted defeat in all three video games (W2 D1), with West Ham the final aspect to have an extended unbeaten Premier League run whereas conceding 2+ objectives (5 video games in March/April 2016).
- Of their earlier match in opposition to Spurs, Wolves’ beginning XI featured seven Portuguese gamers, certainly one of solely three situations in Premier League historical past a group featured as many as seven non-English gamers of their beginning XI for a match – Fulham had seven French gamers vs Middlesbrough in 2003, whereas Newcastle additionally had seven Frenchmen vs Liverpool in 2013.
- Manchester United’s Bruno Fernandes has each scored and assisted in 29% of his Premier League appearances (8/28) – the very best ratio of any participant within the competitors’s historical past.
- Edinson Cavani has scored three objectives and assisted twice within the Premier League, all instead. He’s certainly one of solely six gamers to see their first 5 Premier League aim involvements come as a sub, whereas solely three gamers have had their first six objectives/assists as a sub: Lomana Lua Lua, Theo Walcott and Erik Nevland.