Everton and Southampton face off within the Monday night time soccer this night.
Everton will go into this Premier League conflict excessive on confidence having overwhelmed rivals Liverpool final weekend.
The Toffees can transfer stage on factors with the Reds with a win tonight and nonetheless have a sport in hand.
Southampton, in the meantime, are nonetheless and not using a win since January four within the league and misplaced at Leeds final outing.
The Saints did beat Everton 2-Zero within the reverse of this fixture in October with James Ward-Prowse and Che Adams scoring.
Everton v Southampton: The right way to watch
This match will likely be held at Goodison Park on Monday, March 1 and can kick-off at 8pm.
This sport is being broadcast on Sky Sports activities Important Occasion and Sky Sports activities Premier League from 7pm.
Sky Sports activities clients can stay stream this through the app utilizing their cell, pill or laptop gadgets.
If not, you should purchase a Sky Sports activities Day Move from NowTV for £9.99.
Everton v Southampton: Group information
Everton duo Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Allan are match to start out in opposition to Southampton.
The pair had been substitutes for the Merseyside derby win at Anfield and though Calvert-Lewin got here on, Allan has but to make an look since coming back from two months out with a hamstring downside.
Yerry Mina faces one other two weeks out with an ankle harm whereas long-term absentee Jean-Philippe Gbamin, who has not performed since August 2019, continues to be working his manner again to full health in coaching.
Southampton midfielder Oriol Romeu is about to overlook the remainder of the season due to a fractured ankle, which can want surgical procedure.
On-loan Liverpool ahead Takumi Minamino additionally suffered a hamstring harm in Tuesday night time’s defeat at Leeds, so will miss the journey again to Merseyside.
Theo Walcott, Kyle Walker-Peters and Ibrahima Diallo all proceed their restoration from respective thigh issues, whereas Michael Obafemi and William Smallbone are long-term absentees.
Everton v Southampton: What has been mentioned?
Everton supervisor Carlo Ancelotti: “If I’ve to say what occurred till now I’ve to say I’ve to be nervous as a result of we’re going to play in opposition to the groups on the backside the place we had extra issues.
“We have now to have the ability to remedy these sort of issues. I’m satisfied it’s a actually aggressive league, a extremely tough league.
“If we take a look at the leads to Europe then the English groups did improbable: the three groups within the Champions League received – three away video games: Liverpool received, Chelsea received, Man City received.
“(Manchester) United did rather well (away) in opposition to Actual Sociedad, Tottenham received straightforward, Arsenal received (all within the Europa League) – which means this league is a extremely excessive stage.
“It’s a must to think about additionally that the groups on the backside are doing nicely additionally. To play in opposition to Fulham, to play in opposition to Burnley, is just not straightforward in any respect and to play in opposition to Southampton is just not straightforward.”
Everton v Southampton: Match stats and information
- Everton are unbeaten of their final 15 house Premier League video games in opposition to Southampton (W10 D5) since shedding 0-2 beneath Howard Kendall within the 1997-98 marketing campaign.
- Amongst Premier League fixtures performed at the least 25 occasions, solely Everton vs Leeds United (11.5%) has a decrease away win proportion than Everton vs Southampton (11.6%), with the away facet profitable simply 5 of the 43 conferences between the edges within the competitors.
- Following their 2-Zero victory in opposition to Everton again in October, Southampton wish to safe their first league double over the Toffees since 1997-98.
- Southampton have received their final two Premier League Monday video games, profitable 2-1 at Brighton and 1-Zero in opposition to Liverpool this season. They final received three consecutive top-flight Monday video games in April 1992, with the second sport in that run being a 1-Zero victory in opposition to Liverpool.
- Everton have misplaced their final three Premier League house video games, final shedding extra consecutively at house within the top-flight between April – September 1958 (7). In the meantime, boss Carlo Ancelotti has by no means misplaced 4 consecutive house league video games in his managerial profession.
- Everton have performed extra Premier League video games on the primary day of the month than some other facet (60). Their report in these video games is W17 D14 L29, at the least seven extra defeats than some other facet. Certainly, they’ve misplaced each such video games this season (Newcastle in November, West Ham in January).
- No facet has scored extra headed objectives within the Premier League than Everton this season (10), with Dominic Calvert-Lewin netting extra along with his head than some other participant this time period (5).
- Southampton striker Danny Ings has been instantly concerned in seven objectives in his 9 Premier League begins in opposition to Everton (5 objectives, 2 assists). Ings has scored in 5 Premier League video games versus Everton with out ending on the profitable facet (D2 L3), with solely Alan Shearer vs Liverpool (7) and Teddy Sheringham vs Chelsea (6) doing so extra usually in opposition to a facet with out profitable in Premier League historical past.
- Richarlison is seeking to rating in three consecutive Premier League video games for Everton for the primary time since December 2019. The Brazilian scored the primary – and finally, profitable – aim in opposition to Liverpool final outing.
- Everton’s Gylfi Sigurdsson has been concerned in six Premier League objectives in 23 appearances this season (four objectives, 2 assists), yet another than in 35 video games final season (2 objectives, three assists). Solely in opposition to Chelsea (6) has Sigurdsson scored extra Premier League objectives than he has vs Southampton (5).