The Champions League will take centre stage all through August with Europe’s elite set to face off in an thrilling mini event.
Almost 5 months on from the competitors being placed on maintain, the remaining spherical of 16 ties will lastly get sorted this weekend.
The eight groups who make the quarter-finals will then all head off to Portugal for a quick-fire fortnight of motion earlier than the ultimate on August 23 in Lisbon.
Manchester City, who knocked out Actual Madrid within the Spherical of 16, stay favourites to win the well-known trophy however loads of Europe’s largest golf equipment are nonetheless firmly within the combine.
Champions League: How will the knockout stage work?
The COVID-19 lockdown stopped Europe’s elite competitors in mid-March with the spherical of 16 ties midway by way of completion.
As such, the quarter-final and semi-final attracts have been placed on maintain after which lastly accomplished on July 10.
Now the event is able to restart subsequent month with a ‘World Cup’ model fortnight deliberate to get it performed and dusted.
This season’s quarter-finals, semi-finals and last will all be performed as a straight knockout event in Lisbon.
The ties shall be single-leg fixtures and held at both Benfica’s Estadio da Luz or Sporting Lisbon’s Estadio Jose Alvalade.
The remaining Spherical of 16 matches shall be held as regular within the first week of August earlier than the remaining groups jet off to Portugal per week later.
Champions League: What are the important thing dates?
Spherical of 16 second legs
- Juventus 2-2 (agg) Lyon – Lyon win on away objectives
- Man City 4-2 (agg) Actual Madrid
- Barcelona (1) vs (1) Napoli – August 8, Nou Camp – LIVE on talkSPORT 2
- Bayern Munich (3) vs (0) Chelsea – August 8, Allianz Area – LIVE on talkSPORT
- Atalanta v Paris St-Germain – August 12, Estadio da Luz – LIVE on talkSPORT 2
- RB Leipzig v Atletico Madrid – August 13, Estadio Jose Alvalade – LIVE on talkSPORT 2
- Napoli or Barcelona v Chelsea or Bayern Munich – August 14, Estadio da Luz
- Manchester City v Lyon – August 15, Estadio Jose Alvalade
- Man City or Lyon vs Barcelona/Napoli or Bayern Munich/Chelsea – August 18, Estadio da Luz
- RB Leipzig or Atletico Madrid vs Atalanta or Paris Saint-Germain – August 19, Estadio Jose Alvalade
- August 23, Estadio da Luz
Champions League: When is the 2020/21 competitors?
The qualifying rounds for NEXT season’s Champions League begins THIS weekend.
The preliminary spherical of matches begin on Saturday, August Eight with Northern Eire’s Linfield in motion.
The primary qualifying will then get underway later this month with Celtic concerned.
The competitors correct is about to start on October 20.
Champions League: Radio protection and how you can watch
talkSPORT will carry you protection of the remainder of the Champions League this season.
We’ll carry you Bayern Munich vs Chelsea dwell plus Juventus vs Lyon and Barcelona vs Napoli this week earlier than heading off to Portugal.
talkSPORT shall be in Lisbon for the massive video games plus the Champions League last.
In the meantime, BT Sport have the TV rights for the remainder of the event.