Manchester United can go high of the Premier League desk tonight once they tackle relegation-threatened Burnley at Turf Moor.
United, who beat Aston Villa 2-1 of their final league outing, will leapfrog leaders Liverpool with a degree this night.
It could be the primary time United have claimed high spot of the desk in January since Sir Alex Ferguson left the membership.
Burnley, in the meantime, have discovered some kind lately and beat Sheffield United of their final league match.
Burnley v Man United: How you can watch
This match can be held at Turf Moor on Tuesday, January 12 and can kick-off at 8:15pm.
It’s being broadcast on Sky Sports activities Predominant Occasion and Sky Sports activities Soccer from 8pm and follows their protection of Sheffield United v Newcastle.
Sky Sports activities prospects can reside stream this through the app utilizing their cellular, pill or laptop gadgets.
If not, you should buy a Sky Sports activities Day Go from NowTV for £8.99.
Burnley v Man United: Confirmed group information
Burnley: Pope, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Pieters, Gudmundsson, Brownhill, Westwood, Brady, Wooden, Barnes.
Subs: Cork, McNeil, Stephens, Rodriguez, Norris, Bardsley, Vydra, Lengthy, Benson.
Man Utd: de Gea, Wan Bissaka, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw, Pogba, Matic, Rashford, Bruno Fernandes, Martial, Cavani.
Subs: Mata, Greenwood, Fred, James, Henderson, Alex Telles, van de Beek, Tuanzebe, McTominay.
Burnley v Man United: What has been mentioned?
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says his United are solely centered on the lengthy sport reasonably than the prospect of going high of the desk in January for the primary time since Sir Alex Ferguson retired.
He mentioned: “We have to get factors towards Burnley earlier than anybody can say you’re high of the desk however that’s a place that we now have put ourselves in.
“So I wish to suppose that we go into this sport not eager about the place we’ll find yourself tomorrow evening within the desk however the place we are able to find yourself within the desk in Might. That’s what issues.
“You accumulate the factors all through the season so if at one level you suppose ‘ah, we’ve made it now, we’ve cracked it and also you chill out’ that’s when it’s going to hit you again.
“So we’re very centered, we’ve bought some good characters within the group. The dressing room is louder, it’s extra vocal.”
Burnley v Man United: Match stats and information
- Burnley received 2-Zero at Outdated Trafford of their final Premier League assembly with Man Utd – they’ve not received consecutive league video games towards the Crimson Devils since September 1968.
- Having misplaced their first Premier League away sport towards Burnley 0-1 in August 2009, Man Utd have prevented defeat in every of their final 5 visits to Turf Moor (W4 D1), conserving a clear sheet every time.
- Burnley have scored only one purpose of their six Premier League residence video games towards Manchester United, in comparison with seven in six away video games versus the Crimson Devils within the competitors.
- Burnley have received their first league sport in simply one of many final six calendar years (D2 L3), with that victory coming at Huddersfield in 2019.
- Manchester United are the one aspect nonetheless unbeaten away from residence within the Premier League this season, profitable six of their seven video games to this point (D1). In whole, the Crimson Devils are unbeaten of their final 14 league video games on the highway, their longest run since March 2010-January 2011 (16 video games).
- Following victories towards Wolves and Sheffield United, Burnley can have the chance to document three consecutive Premier League wins at Turf Moor for the primary time since January 2017 (a run of 5).
- Manchester United are averaging three objectives per away sport within the Premier League this season (21 in seven video games) – within the competitors’s historical past, the very best objectives per sport common away from residence throughout a Premier League season is 2.5, by Liverpool in 2013-14.
- Manchester United’s Anthony Martial has scored in all three of his Premier League video games towards Burnley at Turf Moor, with every strike being the primary and in the end profitable purpose of the sport.
- Burnley’s Chris Wooden is the one participant to have scored greater than as soon as for the Clarets within the Premier League this season (3) – in video games at Turf Moor, the striker has netted 40% of their objectives within the competitors this time period (2/5).
- Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford has scored six objectives in seven away video games within the Premier League this season, whereas he’s by no means beforehand netted greater than six away from residence in a single marketing campaign within the competitors.