Liverpool tackle Burnley tonight needing to bounce again from their latest Premier League droop.
Jurgen Klopp’s champions have fallen from first to fourth in latest weeks and are and not using a win of their final 4 top-flight outings.
They drew with Manchester United final trip and should reply at house to Burnley this night.
The Clarets, who’re simply above the relegation zone, misplaced at West Ham of their final recreation and are in determined want of factors.
Liverpool v Burnley: How one can watch
This match might be held at Anfield on Thursday, January 21 and can kick-off at 8pm.
It’s being broadcast on Sky Sports activities Most important Occasion and Sky Sports activities Premier League from 7:30pm.
Sky Sports activities clients can reside stream this through the app utilizing their cellular, pill or laptop units.
If not, you should purchase a Sky Sports activities Day Cross from NowTV for £8.99.
Liverpool v Burnley: Group information
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Thiago, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Mane, Origi.
Subs: Milner, Firmino, Salah, Jones, Minamino, Tsimikas, Phillips, Kelleher, Neco Williams.
Burnley: Pope, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor, Brady, Westwood, Brownhill, McNeil, Wooden, Barnes.
Subs: Cork, Gudmundsson, Peacock-Farrell, Stephens, Rodriguez, Pieters, Bardsley, Vydra, Lengthy.
Referee: Mike Dean
Liverpool v Burnley: What has been stated?
Jurgen Klopp believes the controversy and criticism over Liverpool’s present kind illustrates what a ‘loopy place’ the world has grow to be.
He stated: “The notion from exterior goes actually fast; folks get very sad with the performances when the consequence just isn’t there.
“I feel I heard someplace I’ve to rebuild this group. The world is a loopy place – not solely due to the pandemic.
“Nobody has time any extra and in soccer we all know that. You solely get time for those who all the time make steps ahead.
“Within the second, after final season, it’s clear we didn’t make steps ahead and we all know that and we need to change that however we modify it by enjoying not by speaking.
“We take into consideration a variety of stuff and many of the issues the general public take into consideration we take into consideration as nicely – however not all of them – and for positive now we have to be calm on this state of affairs.
“It’s not a disaster, it’s not good, however that isn’t necessary.
“I noticed a variety of good indicators within the Man United recreation and if we had received that recreation everybody would have seen then however as a result of we didn’t win nobody was . That doesn’t change my view.”
Liverpool v Burnley: Match stats and details
- Liverpool have misplaced simply considered one of their final 17 house league video games in opposition to Burnley (W11 D5), with that defeat coming again in September 1974 (0-1).
- Burnley have taken simply 5 factors from a potential 36 in Premier League video games in opposition to Liverpool (W1 D2 L9), although the Clarets had been the one visiting group to depart Anfield with a degree final time period.
- Burnley have crushed all 4 totally different groups they’ve confronted as reigning champions within the Premier League, beating Man Utd in 2009-10, Man City in 2014-15, Leicester in 2016-17 and Chelsea in 2017-18. Certainly, the Clarets additionally beat Liverpool within the final season they confronted the Reds because the reigning top-flight champion (2-1 in 1973-74).
- Liverpool have failed to attain of their final three Premier League video games, final failing in 4 in a row when failing to attain of their final 5 video games within the 1999-00 season. Solely seven reigning top-flight champions have gone 4 and not using a aim, most lately Leicester in 2016-17 (six), with 4 of these being Liverpool in 1901-02, 1906-07, 1947-48 and 1984-85.
- Since scoring with seven of their 14 pictures in opposition to Crystal Palace (50%), Liverpool have scored only one aim from 62 pictures of their final 4 Premier League video games, a conversion charge of 1.6%.
- Burnley have failed to attain in six of their final seven away Premier League video games, with their solely aim on this run an personal aim from Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Certainly, no aspect has failed to attain in additional totally different away Premier League video games this season than the Clarets (6).
- Burnley’s final 4 Premier League video games have all ended 1-0, although the Clarets have received simply a type of. These three defeats imply that dropping 0-1 is now Burnley’s commonest scoreline in Premier League historical past (28 video games).
- Each Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane have netted 4 objectives of their final 4 Premier League appearances for Liverpool in opposition to Burnley.
- Burnley striker Chris Wooden has solely performed extra video games (7) and minutes (435) in opposition to Southampton with out scoring within the Premier League than he has versus Liverpool (6 video games, 400 minutes).
- Mohamed Salah has failed to attain in any of his final 4 Premier League video games for Liverpool, along with his present drought lasting 365 minutes. Solely as soon as has he gone longer and not using a aim for the Reds (six video games between February-March 2019).