Manchester United host rivals Manchester City within the Carabao Cup semi-finals tonight.
United noticed off Everton within the final spherical of the cup whereas City smashed Arsenal to achieve the ultimate 4.
Tonight’s winner will tackle Tottenham within the closing at Wembley in April.
City have received the cup three years in a row and would like to make it an outstanding quadruple.
United, in the meantime, are wanting to win silverware beneath Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Man United v Man City: The right way to pay attention
This match will get beneath manner at 7:45pm on Wednesday, January 6.
Full protection from Previous Trafford shall be dwell on talkSPORT, with our protection beginning at 7pm.
Mark Saggers shall be your host and commentary will from Sam Matterface and Trevor Sinclair.
To tune in, click on the radio participant beneath or HERE for the dwell stream.
Listed below are the opposite methods to pay attention…
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is out there throughout the United Kingdom by way of DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Hearken to talkSPORT by your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Man United v Man City: Confirmed line-ups
Man United: Henderson; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire (c), Shaw; McTominay; Pogba, Fred; Fernandes; Martial, Rashford.
Subs: De Gea, Telles, Bailly, Tuanzebe, James, Mata, Matic, Van De Beek, Greenwood.
Man City: Steffen, Cancelo, Stones, Dias, Zinchenko, Fernandinho (c), Gundogan, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Foden, Sterling.
Subs: Trafford, Walker, Jesus, Aguero, Rodrigo, Mendy, Nmecha, Harwood-Bellis, Mbete.
Man United v Man City: What has been mentioned?
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says profitable the Carabao Cup could be a ‘very, very huge step’ for Manchester United.
He mentioned: “The following sport is at all times essential however in fact a semi-final is an opportunity to get to the ultimate, to get your fingers on a trophy within the subsequent spherical and for this workforce it will be a really, very huge step getting your fingers on a trophy.
“We’ve developed rather a lot within the final six months, final 12 months for the reason that final semi within the Carabao Cup so in fact it’s not simply studying to win semis.
“We’ve additionally earned the appropriate to really feel we are able to go all the way in which with our performances.
“We’re assured, we’re going into the sport with good kind so there’s no excuses.
“In fact, you play soccer to win.
“You play soccer to win trophies, to get your fingers on a trophy – although once you win that trophy you progress on to the subsequent one.
“But it surely provides you starvation to get extra, so in fact the squad is targeted, we’re prepared to offer it a go. I feel we’ve ready properly for this sport.”
Man United v Man City: Match stats and details
- That is the fourth time Man Utd and Man City have met within the League Cup semi-finals, additionally doing so in 1969-70, 2009-10 and 2019-20, the joint-most of any fixture together with Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur.
- The away workforce received each the League Cup semi-final legs between Man Utd and Man City final season (3-1 City first leg, 1-0 United second leg), with the Residents going by 3-2 on combination.
- Manchester United are unbeaten of their final three video games towards Man City in all competitions (W2 D1) with out conceding a objective. They haven’t gone 4 with out defeat towards their rivals since February 2011.
- The house workforce has ended on the profitable aspect in simply three of the final 14 matches between Man Utd and Man City in all competitions (D3 L8).
- That is Manchester United’s 16th look within the League Cup semi-finals, with the Pink Devils progressing to the ultimate 9 occasions. Nonetheless, they’ve misplaced two of their final three semi-final ties within the competitors, having progressed from eight of 9 earlier than that.
- Manchester City have progressed from every of their final 5 League Cup semi-final ties, occurring to win the trophy every time. The Residents want to grow to be simply the second aspect to achieve 4 consecutive League Cup finals, after Liverpool who did so between 1981 and 1984.
- Seven of Manchester United’s eight targets within the League Cup this season have been scored by completely different gamers (Mata x2, Rashford, Greenwood, McTominay, Pogba, Martial, Cavani). They final had extra in 2016/17, after they went on to win the competitors (9).
- Manchester City have misplaced simply two of their 23 League Cup matches beneath Pep Guardiola (W17 D4), although each defeats have come versus Manchester United (in 2016 and 2020). Guardiola has misplaced three of his six matches towards Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (50%), his worst loss share towards any supervisor he’s confronted a minimum of 5 occasions.