Manchester United host rivals Manchester City within the Carabao Cup semi-finals tonight.
United noticed off Everton within the final spherical of the cup whereas City smashed Arsenal to achieve the ultimate 4.
Tonight’s winner will tackle Tottenham within the closing at Wembley in April.
City have gained the cup three years in a row and would like to make it an excellent quadruple.
United, in the meantime, are desperate to win silverware beneath Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Man United v Man City: How you can hear
This match will get beneath method at 7:45pm on Wednesday, January 6.
Full protection from Outdated Trafford can be reside on talkSPORT, with our protection beginning at 7pm.
Mark Saggers can be your host and commentary will from Sam Matterface and Trevor Sinclair.
To tune in, click on the radio participant under or HERE for the reside stream.
Listed below are the opposite methods to hear…
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is on the market throughout the United Kingdom through DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Hearken to talkSPORT by means of your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Man United v Man City: Staff information
Man United striker Edinson Cavani is suspended the go to of City.
The 33-year-old striker serves the second match of a three-game ban handed down by the FA for utilizing a racial time period in a social media publish.
Lengthy-term absentee Phil Jones stays sidelined however United don’t have any different harm considerations with Victor Lindelof set to return from a again criticism.
Kyle Walker and Gabriel Jesus could possibly be again for City after finishing a interval of isolation following optimistic Covid-19 exams introduced on Christmas Day.
Nonetheless, Ferran Torres, Ederson, Tommy Doyle and Eric Garcia are all nonetheless out.
Aymeric Laporte missed Sunday’s win over Chelsea with a minor hamstring drawback and stays uncertain, as does Nathan Ake who was not match sufficient to return from a muscle harm on the weekend.
Man United v Man City: What has been stated?
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says successful the Carabao Cup could be a ‘very, very huge step’ for Manchester United.
He stated: “The subsequent sport is all the time vital however in fact a semi-final is an opportunity to get to the ultimate, to get your fingers on a trophy within the subsequent spherical and for this workforce it could be a really, very huge step getting your fingers on a trophy.
“We’ve developed loads within the final six months, final 12 months for the reason that final semi within the Carabao Cup so in fact it’s not simply studying to win semis.
“We’ve additionally earned the precise to really feel we are able to go all the best way with our performances.
“We’re assured, we’re going into the sport with good kind so there’s no excuses.
“In fact, you play soccer to win.
“You play soccer to win trophies, to get your fingers on a trophy – despite the fact that once you win that trophy you progress on to the following one.
“However it provides you starvation to get extra, so in fact the squad is concentrated, we’re prepared to provide it a go. I believe we’ve ready nicely for this sport.”
Man United v Man City: Match stats and details
- That is the fourth time Man Utd and Man City have met within the League Cup semi-finals, additionally doing so in 1969-70, 2009-10 and 2019-20, the joint-most of any fixture together with Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur.
- The away workforce gained each the League Cup semi-final legs between Man Utd and Man City final season (3-1 City first leg, 1-0 United second leg), with the Residents going by means of 3-2 on combination.
- Manchester United are unbeaten of their final three video games towards Man City in all competitions (W2 D1) with out conceding a purpose. They haven’t gone 4 with out defeat towards their rivals since February 2011.
- The house workforce has ended on the successful aspect in simply three of the final 14 matches between Man Utd and Man City in all competitions (D3 L8).
- That is Manchester United’s 16th look within the League Cup semi-finals, with the Purple Devils progressing to the ultimate 9 occasions. Nonetheless, they’ve misplaced two of their final three semi-final ties within the competitors, having progressed from eight of 9 earlier than that.
- Manchester City have progressed from every of their final 5 League Cup semi-final ties, occurring to win the trophy every time. The Residents wish to turn out to be simply the second aspect to achieve 4 consecutive League Cup finals, after Liverpool who did so between 1981 and 1984.
- Seven of Manchester United’s eight objectives within the League Cup this season have been scored by totally different gamers (Mata x2, Rashford, Greenwood, McTominay, Pogba, Martial, Cavani). They final had extra in 2016/17, after they went on to win the competitors (9).
- Manchester City have misplaced simply two of their 23 League Cup matches beneath Pep Guardiola (W17 D4), although each defeats have come versus Manchester United (in 2016 and 2020). Guardiola has misplaced three of his six matches towards Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (50%), his worst loss proportion towards any supervisor he’s confronted not less than 5 occasions.