Liverpool face a crunch journey to Burnley tonight because the race for the Champions League locations continues to warmth up.
Goalkeeper Alisson saved Liverpool’s high 4 hopes alive by scoring a shocking last-minute winner at West Brom on Sunday.
And following Chelsea’s win over Leicester final night time, Liverpool will now transfer as much as fourth with a victory at Turf Moor.
A win would see Liverpool transfer stage on factors with the Foxes and Jurgen Klopp’s males do have a superior aim distinction. Leicester then face Tottenham on the ultimate day whereas the Reds host Crystal Palace.
Burnley have little to play for however did beat Liverpool 1-Zero at Anfield in January.
Burnley v Liverpool: The way to pay attention
This match will get beneath approach at 8:15pm on Wednesday, Could 19.
Full protection from Turf Moor will likely be solely dwell on talkSPORT, with our pre-match build-up beginning at 8pm.
Hugh Woozencroft will likely be your host and commentary will come from Sam Matterface and Trevor Sinclair.
To tune in, click on the radio participant beneath or HERE for the dwell stream.
Listed below are the opposite methods to pay attention…
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is obtainable throughout the United Kingdom by way of DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Hearken to talkSPORT by way of your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Burnley v Liverpool: Confirmed staff information
Burnley: Norris, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor, Brownhill, Westwood, Cork, McNeil, Gudmundsson, Wooden.
Subs: Barnes, Peacock-Farrell, Rodriguez, Pieters, Vydra, Nartey, Dunne, Richardson, Driscoll-Glennon.
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Rhys Williams, Robertson, Thiago, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firmino, Mane.
Subs: Milner, Adrian, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Origi, Neco Williams, Koumetio.
Burnley v Liverpool: What has been mentioned?
Alisson’s incerdible winner at West Brom has Jurgen Klopp believing destiny is taking part in a component in Liverpool’s bid for Champions League qualification.
“Don’t all of us imagine in destiny till we realise this time it isn’t meant to be?” he mentioned.
“That is what it’s like, as human beings are at all times like this. We’re at all times believing till we realise it was the improper second.
“It was a really optimistic second and on this second it seemed prefer it (Champions League qualification) was meant to be but when we end the season now we’re fifth, in order that doesn’t make an excessive amount of sense.
“If we preserve the factors tally we’ve we is not going to even end the season in fifth. Meaning there may be nonetheless a job to do. Whether it is destiny or not we’ll see after the top of the season.
“That’s the reason we weren’t tremendous, tremendous optimistic pondering ‘Yeah we’ll do it’ as a result of we actually had some classes this yr and one of many classes I discovered very early in my life is don’t rejoice the day earlier than the night time.
“Nothing occurred but. We solely certified for the semis (ie: two matches to go). That’s good, now we’ve to verify we’re prepared for it.
“It’s a fairly intense interval of the season for us.
“It feels good within the second however we had phases through the season when it was simply onerous you can’t recover from the one recreation correctly after which the following recreation is ready.
“We should be fortunate with accidents. We don’t have plenty of choices in some positions. Possibly we deserve it (Champions League qualification) with the accidents with all of the issues we went by way of this yr.”
Burnley v Liverpool: Match stats and info
- Burnley need to full their first league double over Liverpool because the 1929-30 season, after they ended the Reds’ 68-game unbeaten dwelling run earlier this season.
- Liverpool have received 5 of their six Premier League away video games in opposition to Burnley, profitable their final three at Turf Moor since a 2-Zero loss in August 2016.
- Burnley may grow to be the primary staff to realize the Premier League double over Liverpool since West Ham and Manchester United did so in 2015-16. The Clarets could be the primary staff ending within the backside half of the desk to do beat Liverpool twice in the identical league season since Blackpool in 2010-11.
- Of their first two Premier League campaigns, Burnley beat Spurs 4-2 (2009-10) and drew 0-Zero with Stoke (2014-15) of their ultimate dwelling video games of the season. Since their return in 2016-17, the Clarets have misplaced all 4 of their ultimate league video games at Turf Moor.
- Liverpool have received their ultimate away league recreation in every of the final two seasons – they’ve not executed so in additional consecutive campaigns since a run of three between 1987-88 and 1989-90.
- Liverpool have misplaced two of their final 5 Premier League video games performed on Wednesdays (W2 D1), taking place in opposition to Arsenal in July 2020 and Brighton in February this yr. Earlier than this, Liverpool had been unbeaten in 24 league video games performed on Wednesday (W18 D6).
- Burnley are winless of their final 9 Premier League dwelling video games, their longest ever run and not using a dwelling win within the top-flight. The Clarets final had an extended spell and not using a dwelling league win (any division) between March and September 1984 (10 video games within the third tier).
- After scoring in his first Premier League recreation in opposition to Burnley, Liverpool’s Mo Salah has now failed to search out the online in his final 5 in opposition to the Clarets. It’s his longest run and not using a aim in opposition to a selected opponent within the competitors.
- Ashley Barnes scored the winner for Burnley in opposition to Liverpool at Anfield this season. The final participant to attain dwelling and away in opposition to them for the Clarets in the identical league season was Willie Irvine in 1965-66.
- Burnley have misplaced all 4 of their Premier League video games with Bailey Peacock-Farrell in aim this season, conceding 14 targets within the course of.