They could be England’s two most profitable soccer golf equipment, however wow, Manchester United and Liverpool fell nicely brief on the weekend.
A really loopy day within the Premier League kicked off with Leicester struggling a shock 3-Zero house defeat to West Ham. Nonetheless, the insanity nicely and really kicked in because the Pink Devils’ conflict at house to Tottenham began.
Bruno Fernandes’ early penalty gave United the lead however their fortunes plummeted after that as Spurs romped to a 6-1 triumph.
The consequence despatched social media into meltdown and United legend Patrice Evra threatened to go away his put up as a Sky Sports activities pundit within the quick aftermath.
Absolutely Liverpool’s conflict at Aston Villa couldn’t probably high that? Nicely…
The Premier League champions suffered a 7-2 spanking in a match that noticed Ollie Watkins bag a first-half hat-trick.
It was certainly one of Liverpool’s worst performances in residing reminiscence with one fan even calling talkSPORT demanding the membership to sack Jurgen Klopp!
We’re nonetheless in disbelief these outcomes occurred and these Opta stats present simply how unhealthy Man United and Liverpool have been on Sunday October 4, 2020.
- Liverpool are the primary reigning English top-flight champions to ship seven objectives in a league match since Arsenal towards Sunderland in September 1953.
- Liverpool conceded seven objectives in a recreation for the primary time since April 1963, in a 7-2 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur.
- Adrian has made 5 errors instantly resulting in opposition objectives in his 21 appearances for Liverpool in all competitions; as many as counterpart Alisson has in 92 such matches.
- Ollie Watkins is the 10th participant to attain a Premier hat-trick towards Liverpool, and the primary in over a decade with Dimitar Berbatov final doing it in September 2010.
- Jack Grealish turned the primary participant in Premier League historical past to have a hand in 5 objectives in a single recreation towards Liverpool (two objectives, three assists).
Man United switch information reside: Dembele swoop nonetheless on, Cavani and Telles to signal
The unimaginable file Premier League golf equipment will smash if excessive scoring continues
Manchester United stats
- This was the earliest Man United have conceded two objectives in a Premier League recreation since October 2015 towards Arsenal (additionally seven minutes), which got here on the fifth anniversary of that defeat.
- Tottenham are the primary visiting aspect to attain 4 first half objectives in a league recreation away at Manchester United since Spurs themselves additionally did so in November 1957 in a 4-Three win.
- Anthony Martial’s pink card inside 28 minutes is the earliest any Man United participant has been despatched off within the Premier League at Previous Trafford, with this their 16th such dismissal within the competitors.
- Man United conceded 4 objectives within the first half of a Premier League match for the very first time, with this their 1,079th match within the competitors.
- Man United are the seventh aspect in Premier League historical past to concede a penalty in 3+ successive house video games and the primary since Arsenal in December 2016.
- Man United have conceded six objectives in a single Premier League recreation for under the third time – with every coming in October (1996 v Southampton, 2011 v Man City, and v Spurs).
- Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham aspect equalled the largest ever margin of victory (6-1) for a supervisor towards a former membership within the Premier League and the largest since Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool beat Swansea 5-Zero in February 2013.