Anthony Joshua places his world heavyweight titles on the road towards Kubrat Pulev this weekend.
AJ reclaimed his belts by beating Andy Ruiz Jr of their rematch final December, producing a boxing masterclass in Saudi Arabia.
The 31-year-old champ was set for a busy 2020 however the COVID-19 lockdown put his plans on maintain.
He’s now set to get again within the ring and can tackle IBF obligatory challenger Pulev this weekend.
Pulev, who’s 28-1 in his skilled profession, beat Rydell Booker in his final struggle in November 2019.
The Bulgarian has seen off the likes of Hughie Fury and Derek Chisora lately and was speculated to face Joshua in 2017 however needed to pull out on account of harm.
Joshua v Pulev: The way to watch
- The Wembley Enviornment will host the heavyweight title bout on Saturday, December 12
- The 2 fighters are anticipated to make their ring walks at 10.30pm
- The struggle will likely be proven stay on Sky Sports activities Field Workplace with their broadcast ranging from 7pm
- It’s going to price £24.95, with the total undercard and predominant occasion proven.
- You can even stay stream for a similar value in your pc, cell and pill units.
- Sky Sports activities Field Workplace can also be out there on BT TV – tune to channel 496 or by looking for the occasion within the BT Participant
Joshua v Pulev: Undercard
Promising British cruiserweight Lawrence Okolie will struggle Nikodem Jezewski on the undercard as he appears to take his unbeaten skilled document to 15 wins.
Okolie had been on account of struggle for the WBO cruiserweight title towards Krzysztof Glowacki however he examined postive for COVID-19 and was compelled to drag out.
Hughie Fury, cousin of world champion Tyson, will likely be in motion towards Mariusz Wach, who misplaced to Dillian Whyte final 12 months.
- Anthony Joshua v Kubrat Pulev – for WBA (Tremendous), IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight titles
- Lawrence Okolie v Krzysztof Glowacki – cruiserweight contest
- Hughie Fury v Mariusz Wach – heavyweight contest
- Martin Bakole v Sergey Kuzmin – for vacant WBC worldwide heavyweight title
- Qais Ashfaq v Ashley Lane – super-bantamweight contest
- Florian Marku v Alex Fearon – welteweight contest
- Kieron Conway v Macaulay McGowan – super-welterweight contest
Joshua v Pulev: What have the fighters stated?
Veteran promoter Bob Arum has predicted that Kubrat Pulev will declare a knockout win over Anthony Joshua.
He stated: “It’s one factor to field and run across the ring, making out you’re second coming of Muhammad Ali while you’re combating a fats, overweight Andy Ruiz.
“Nevertheless it’s going to be a unique story while you’re combating a match and prepared Pulev, who’s in nice form and a very good boxer.
“Pulev has the power to nook Joshua and to take him out, so I consider not solely is Pulev going to win the struggle however he’s going to win it by knockout.
“We promoted Ruiz 30 occasions and more often than not he had bother impacting opponents along with his energy, so the very fact he devastated Joshua so badly signifies to me Joshua has a giant weak spot and that’s his incapability to take a punch.
“I’m not a idiot, I’m speaking about what I’ve seen. I noticed Anthony Joshua acquired knocked on his ass and totally overwhelmed not so way back.”