All eyes will likely be on north London this Sunday as Tottenham welcome arch-rivals Arsenal for this season’s first instalment of the well-known derby.
The 2 sides enter the conflict heading in markedly totally different instructions, with Tottenham high of the league earlier than the weekend’s motion and the Gunners languishing in 14th.
Spurs need to be thought of favourites and they are going to be boosted by the return of two,000 supporters on the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, however in fact, something can occur when these two come collectively.
Tottenham vs Arsenal: Date and kick-off time
This match will likely be held on the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Sunday, December 6 and can kick-off at 4.30pm.
talkSPORT will carry you common updates because the motion unfolds.
Tottenham vs Arsenal: TV channel and dwell stream
The sport will likely be broadcast on Sky Sports activities Most important Occasion and Sky Sports activities Premier League from 4.15pm.
Sky Sports activities clients can dwell stream this by way of the app utilizing their cell, pill or pc units.
If not, you should buy a Sky Sports activities Day Go from NowTV for £8.99.
Tottenham vs Arsenal: Workforce information
Tottenham had quite a lot of harm considerations earlier this week however their greatest concern was over star striker Harry Kane – who appeared prone to miss Sunday’s derby.
However supervisor Jose Mourinho supplied a optimistic replace on the England captain’s health and tipped him to begin in opposition to the Gunners.
“I consider he’s going to be match,’ stated Mourinho after Thursday’s Europa League draw with LASK.
Nonetheless, Hugo Lloris might miss the match, paving the way in which for Joe Hart to characteristic within the Premier League for the primary time in two years.
The Telepragh reviews that Spurs haven’t confirmed an harm to their No.1, however there may be concern he might miss the essential match.
Regardless of Kane’s attainable return, Erik Lamela is unlikely to be match whereas Toby Alderweireld stays a doubt however is again in coaching following a groin drawback.
Arsenal themselves have some harm considerations within the build-up to Sunday’s derby.
David Luiz picked up a head harm in opposition to Wolves final weekend, in a nasty collision that noticed Raul Jimenez fracture his cranium.
The membership have posted that he has not suffered a concussion however the reduce sustained stored him out of their Europa League win on Thursday.
Moreover, Thomas Partey has not performed since selecting up a thigh harm on November Eight in opposition to Aston Villa.
He stays a doubt for the Spurs conflict however Mikel Arteta introduced the midfielder will return to coaching on Friday in a lift for the Gunners.
Tottenham vs Arsenal: Match stats and info
- Tottenham are unbeaten of their final six Premier League residence video games in opposition to Arsenal (W4 D2) since a 0-1 loss in March 2014. It’s their longest unbeaten residence league run in opposition to the Gunners since a run of 9 between January 1960 and January 1968.
- Arsenal have solely misplaced back-to-back Premier League video games in opposition to Tottenham twice – in Might 1993 and November 2010.
- The crew scoring first has did not win 27 of the 51 Premier League conferences between Tottenham and Arsenal which have had at the least one purpose scored, greater than some other fixture within the competitors (Spurs did not win 16/25 video games, Arsenal did not win 11/26 video games).
- Tottenham have dropped 42 factors from profitable positions in Premier League video games in opposition to Arsenal, greater than any facet has misplaced in opposition to one other within the competitors’s historical past.
- This would be the lowest within the desk Arsenal have been going right into a north London derby since August 1993, once they sat 21st after only one sport earlier than a 1-Zero victory at White Hart Lane courtesy of a late Ian Wright header.
- Tottenham are on the longest present unbeaten run within the Premier League (9 – W6 D3), whereas solely Sheffield United (13) are on an extended run with out a win than Arsenal (3 – D1 L2). Nonetheless, the Gunners want to hold three consecutive away clear sheets within the Premier League for the primary time since Might 2013.
- Arsenal supervisor Mikel Arteta misplaced his first sport in opposition to Spurs on this actual fixture final season – the one supervisor in Arsenal’s historical past to lose each of their first two north London derby matches was Bertie Mee again within the 1966-67 season.
- Tottenham supervisor José Mourinho gained his first north London derby match in cost again in July – the one Spurs supervisor in historical past to win each of their first two video games in opposition to Arsenal was Jimmy Anderson again in 1955-56.
- Tottenham supervisor José Mourinho has by no means misplaced a house sport in opposition to Arsenal in 10 earlier conferences in all competitions earlier than (W6 D4) – versus no facet has he confronted extra at residence in his profession with out ever struggling defeat.
- Tottenham striker Harry Kane has scored 10 objectives in all competitions in opposition to Arsenal – if he scores right here, he’ll be the outright highest goalscorer in aggressive Arsenal v Tottenham matches in historical past (at the moment degree with Emmanuel Adebayor and Bobby Smith).