In-form Arsenal host struggling West Ham as talkSPORT’s GameDay particular finishes off with a key London derby this weekend.
The Gunners adopted up their Group Protect triumph with a formidable win at Fulham within the first match of the 2020/21 Premier League marketing campaign.
‘It was a straightforward resolution’ – Eze on why he joined Palace regardless of late West Brom bid
Liverpool information reside: Thiago introduced however legend has doubts, £35m Wolves star to hitch
Chelsea information reside: Academy star loaned out for eighth season, Klopp on Lampard rivalry
A lot is predicted of Mikel Arteta’s males this season and so they’ll be assured of one other three factors on Saturday evening.
West Ham are underneath a lot stress for the time being and suffered a woeful house defeat to Newcastle final weekend.
The Gunners beat the Hammers 1-Zero on the Emirates final season due to Alexandre Lacazette’s late winner.
talkSPORT will probably be in north London this weekend to deliver you solely protection and see who will come out on prime.
Arsenal v West Ham: The way to pay attention
This match will get underneath manner at 8pm on Saturday, September 19.
Full protection from the Goodison Park will probably be reside on talkSPORT, with our protection beginning at 5pm.
Faye Carruthers will probably be your host earlier than commentary from Alex Criminal and Alvin Martin.
To tune in, click on the radio participant under or HERE for the reside stream.
Listed here are the opposite methods to pay attention…
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is out there throughout the United Kingdom by way of DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Take heed to talkSPORT by means of your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Arsenal v West Ham: Group information
Arsenal defender David Luiz is match for the go to of London rivals West Ham.
The Brazilian missed the opening day win over Fulham attributable to a neck spasm however is now in competition to face the Hammers.
Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Pablo Mari, Shkodran Mustafi, Emile Smith Rowe, Calum Chambers and Gabriel Martinelli are all nonetheless lacking whereas William Saliba waits to make his debut.
West Ham, in the meantime, will examine on the health of captain Mark Noble after he missed coaching on Friday with a toe damage.
The midfielder has had an injection and boss David Moyes will hope to have him out there on the Emirates.
Jack Wilshere can be again in coaching after an ankle damage however isn’t anticipated to start out towards his outdated membership.
Arsenal v West Ham: What has been stated?
Robert Snodgrass feels West Ham want to start out believing they’re a top-10 group if they’re to barter a troublesome run of fixtures.
The Hammers misplaced their opening Premier League match at house to Newcastle and their subsequent six are towards Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester, Tottenham, Manchester City and Liverpool.
Snodgrass stated: “The supervisor has challenged the gamers due to how nicely we completed final season, and why not?
“You’ll want to demand excessive requirements of your self and your team-mates.
“The supervisor has been right here for eight or 9 months and he’s making an attempt to get his concepts throughout and getting the lads considering like a top-half-of-the-table group and we’ve undoubtedly acquired the flexibility, however it’s simply concerning the perception.
“It’s about beginning the season nicely. We’ve acquired some powerful video games arising, however the lads completed final season nicely and acquired some nice outcomes towards some nice sides, so why not?
“I feel the lads have gotten to take confidence from [beating Charlton in the EFL Cup] as a result of it was an excellent efficiency and one we would have liked after the Newcastle outcome.”
Arsenal v West Ham: Match stats and information
- Arsenal have received 10 of their final 11 house video games towards West Ham United in all competitions, with the one exception being on the opening day of the 2015-16 Premier League season (0-2).
- West Ham United have misplaced extra Premier League matches towards Arsenal (31) than versus some other opponent, whereas solely towards Everton (34) have the Gunners loved extra wins within the competitors than they’ve over the Hammers (31).
- West Ham have misplaced every of their final three Premier League London derbies away from house, whereas they’re but to win such a match with David Moyes in cost (W0 D2 L3). In top-flight historical past, West Ham have misplaced 199 of their 484 London derbies, and will turn into the second aspect to lose 200 such matches (Tottenham, 213).
- Arsenal have misplaced their first house recreation in 5 of the final 9 Premier League campaigns (W3 D1), which features a defeat towards West Ham in 2015-16. The Gunners had received eight of their earlier 9 such video games earlier than this run (D1).
- After a run of seven right away losses between December and June final season, West Ham remained unbeaten of their ultimate three away video games of 2019-20 (W1 D2), with Michail Antonio netting six of their seven objectives on this run.
- West Ham haven’t received their first away league recreation of the season in any of their final 4 campaigns (D1 L3) – their final such win was at Arsenal on the opening day of the 2015-16 season, nonetheless.
- West Ham boss David Moyes has by no means received away to Arsenal as a supervisor in any competitors, drawing 4 and shedding 15 of his 19 visits. Solely at Chelsea (20) has he taken cost of extra away video games towards an opponent with out ever successful in his managerial profession.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored eight objectives in his final six appearances for Arsenal in all competitions, netting in every of his final 4 video games for the Gunners. The Gabonese striker has additionally been straight concerned in 15 objectives in his final 16 Premier League London derbies (12 objectives, Three assists).
- Willian created extra possibilities than some other Arsenal participant of their 3-Zero win towards Fulham on MD1, changing into the primary participant to help two objectives on his Premier League debut for the aspect since Ray Parlour towards Liverpool in August 1992.