South coast rivals Bournemouth and Southampton face off within the FA Cup quarter-finals this lunchtime.
Bournemouth, who beat Burnley within the final spherical, are the one aspect left within the competitors from exterior the Premier League.
The Cherries will likely be keen to keep up that and e-book a spot within the semi-finals when Southampton make the brief journey to the Vitality Stadium.
The Saints noticed off Wolves to arrange this tie and can need to put their latest poor type to at least one aspect right here.
The draw for the semi-finals will likely be made on Sunday and can happen at half-time of the tie between Leicester and Manchester United.
Bournemouth v Southampton: The way to hear
This quarter-final tie will get underneath means at 12:15pm on Saturday, March 20.
Full protection from the Vitality Stadium will likely be dwell on talkSPORT, with our pre-match build-up beginning at 11am.
Mark Saggers will likely be your host and commentary will come from Jim Proudfoot and Matt Holland.
To tune in, click on the radio participant beneath or HERE for the dwell stream.
Listed below are the opposite methods to hear…
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is on the market throughout the United Kingdom through DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Hearken to talkSPORT by your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Bournemouth v Southampton: Crew information
Jonathan Woodgate accepts Bournemouth are the underdogs for his or her tie towards Southampton however is able to make one other little bit of historical past.
He stated: “We’re undoubtedly the underdogs as a result of they’re a Premier league crew, however we’ll go in there pondering we are able to win the sport, it doesn’t matter what.
“If it has to go to extra-time, go to penalties, we’re assured we are able to trigger an upset.
“It’s a incredible achievement for the soccer membership and we’re simply attempting to get right into a semi-final, however it’ll be actually tough.
“They’re a superb crew with actually skilled gamers, everybody will likely be pondering Southampton are going to win.
“However our gamers is not going to assume that. We will likely be proper on it.”
Bournemouth v Southampton: Match info
- Bournemouth received their solely earlier FA Cup tie towards Southampton, profitable 3-1 in a primary spherical replay in 1953-54.
- Southampton are unbeaten of their final 4 away video games towards Bournemouth in all competitions (W2 D2), since a 0-2 Premier League loss in March 2016.
- That is simply Bournemouth’s second look within the FA Cup quarter-final, with the Cherries dropping to Manchester United’s ‘Busby Babes’ of their solely earlier such sport in March 1957.
- Southampton have reached the FA Cup semi-final in simply one of many final 17 seasons, doing so in 2017-18 earlier than being eradicated by eventual winners Chelsea.
- Bournemouth have progressed from simply 4 of their 29 FA Cup ties towards top-flight opponents, although they did beat Premier League aspect Burnley within the final spherical.
- Southampton have progressed from 21 of their final 23 FA Cup ties towards sides from a decrease division, dropping towards Bristol Rovers in February 2008 and Derby in January 2019.
- Solely one of many final 13 FA Cup quarter-final ties to see a aspect from a decrease division face top-flight opponents has ended with the lower-ranked aspect progressing – then Championship aspect (and holders) Wigan Athletic knocking out Manuel Pellegrini’s Manchester City in March 2014.
- Bournemouth striker Sam Surridge has scored in three of his final 5 FA Cup matches, with every of his three objectives coming towards Premier League opposition – vs Fulham (Jan 2019), Arsenal (Jan 2020) and vs Burnley (Feb 2021).