Aston Villa and Arsenal will each be seeking to bounce again from midweek defeats after they face off in Saturday’s lunchtime Premier League kick-off.
Aston Villa misplaced to West Ham final day out whereas Arsenal have been crushed by Wolves and each side will want a response.
Villa produced a surprising show to smash the Gunners 3-Zero in north London in November.
Dean Smith’s facet are some extent and place higher off than Mikel Arteta and co and have two video games in hand over their opponents this weekend.
These two are keen to interrupt into the European locations this season and this conflict shall be a key one for his or her hopes of climbing up the desk.
Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Easy methods to hear
This match will get beneath method at 12:30pm on Saturday, February 6.
Full protection from Villa Park shall be completely stay on talkSPORT, with our pre-match build-up beginning at 11am.
Reshmin Chowdhury shall be your host and commentary will come from Alex Criminal and Trevor Sinclair.
To tune in, click on the radio participant under or HERE for the stay stream.
Listed here are the opposite methods to hear…
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is offered throughout the United Kingdom through DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Hearken to talkSPORT by means of your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Staff information
Aston Villa haven’t any new harm issues however will seemingly change issues up following their defeat to West Ham.
Bertrand Traore, Trezeguet and new signing Morgan Sanson are all in line to start out.
Kortney Hause and Wesley Moraes stay sidelined.
Arsenal, in the meantime, shall be with out Bernd Leno and David Luiz as they’re each suspended following their pink playing cards at Wolves.
January signing Mat Ryan may make his debut however is fighting a slight hit downside.
Kieran Tierney remains to be out.
Aston Villa vs Arsenal: What has been stated?
Aston Villa boss Dean Smith: “Arsenal are one of many large golf equipment within the league, had success, gained the FA Cup final 12 months, to go there and put in a efficiency as we did and get the end result we did was glorious.
“It was on the again of a defeat towards Southampton, so a very good efficiency, however Arsenal are a modified group now.
“They’ve had an upturn in kind now and been climbing the league, it is going to be extra of an evenly-matched sport on Saturday.
“We’ve had some very excessive requirements this season already and we maintain chatting with the gamers, if we wish to be a high group then we’ve to maintain taking part in to these requirements.
“The lads perceive that as nicely and so they know what they need to do to place it proper.
“The lads have to verify they’re prepared for every sport as a result of it’s a troublesome league and might be punishing for those who’re not proper.”
Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Match stats and info
- Aston Villa haven’t accomplished a league double over Arsenal for the reason that first Premier League season in 1992/93 beneath Ron Atkinson, successful 1-Zero in each video games.
- Arsenal haven’t misplaced three league video games in a row towards Aston Villa since November 1993, after they misplaced their first three Premier League encounters with the Villans.
- Arsenal have failed to attain of their final two league matches towards Aston Villa, managing simply two photographs on course throughout these video games, each of their 0-Three defeat earlier this season.
- Aston Villa have misplaced 4 of their final six Premier League video games (W2), as many as that they had of their earlier 18 within the competitors (W10 D4 L4).
- Arsenal misplaced their final match towards Wolves, ending a seven sport unbeaten run for the Gunners within the Premier League (W5 D2). They final misplaced consecutive league video games in November/December, a run of three which started with defeat to Wolves.
- Aston Villa have conceded on common 1.6 targets per Premier League house sport this season (14 targets in 9 video games), in distinction to their away kind which has seen them ship simply 0.9 targets per sport (10 in 11).
- Since Mikel Arteta’s first sport accountable for Arsenal in December 2019, the Gunners have had extra Premier League pink playing cards than another facet (9). Arsenal noticed each David Luiz and Bernd Leno despatched off of their final league match towards Wolves.
- Aston Villa striker Ollie Watkins netted twice on the Emirates earlier this season towards Arsenal of their 3-Zero Premier League win – solely Didier Drogba has ever scored 2+ targets in consecutive Premier League video games towards the Gunners, doing so within the 2009/10 season.
- Aston Villa goalkeeper Emiliano Martínez stored a clear sheet in his first Premier League look towards Arsenal earlier this season; the one two goalkeepers to maintain clear sheets of their first two Premier League appearances towards a membership they’ve beforehand appeared for within the competitors are Shaka Hislop vs Newcastle (1998-99) and Mark Schwarzer vs Middlesbrough (2008-09).
- Arsenal’s Nicolas Pépé has scored in every of his final three away video games within the Premier League, having scored in simply two of his first 18 on the highway within the competitors. The final Arsenal participant to attain in 4 immediately league video games was Olivier Giroud between September-November 2015.